Complaints about the conduct of Marechaussee personnel

The Royal Netherlands Marechaussee strives to be a dependable organisation. Our personnel should therefore treat you respectfully. However, a situation may arise in which you feel dissatisfied with the way you have been treated. If this occurred less than a year ago, you can file a complaint. 

Use the form below to file your complaint digitally.
* Mandatory fields

Your complaint

Your details

Form of address

Information about the processing of your personal data

The Defence organisation will use your personal data to answer your question. Afterwards your personal data will be destroyed. We will not share your information with others.

Why is this data required?

We will use your data, having obtained your permission, because we cannot process your request otherwise.

How does your data get processed?

We will use your data to process your request. Your request will be handled by our own employees. We will not share your personal data with others.

How long do we keep your data?

After answering your question, your personal data will be destroyed.

What are your rights?

You can find more information about your rights on page 'Privacy' (link opens in new tab).

Statement of agreement *

Complaint by post

You can also send your complaint by post. To do so, send a letter to:

Staff of the Commander of the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee
Integrity Cluster
Complaints Coordinator
PO Box 90200
3509 EE Utrecht
The Netherlands

The Marechaussee will process your complaint if it contains the following information:

  • your name;
  • your postal address;
  • your telephone number;
  • a clear description of the conduct of the Royal Marechaussee employee(s);
  • the location and time of the event;
  • if possible, the name of the employee(s) concerned;
  • if sending a letter of complaint, mark the top left of the envelope with the word 'complaint'.


To report damage or loss, please call the Claims department: +31 (0)30 218 04 20 / +31 (0)30 218 04 58 / +31 (0)30 218 04 44.

Objecting to the outcome of a complaint

If you disagree with the way your complaint is handled, you can turn to the National Ombudsman of the Netherlands. Check their website for more information.