Complaints about security checks at airports
If you have a complaint about the conduct of private security officers during a check at a Dutch airport, please use the form below to file your complaint.
The security officers are employed by the airport. They are responsible for the security checks of departing passengers, airport personnel and hand luggage. Your complaint will be received by the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee’s Civil Aviation Security Brigade.
It may take us longer than usual to respond to complaints. We ask anyone who has already submitted a complaint to be patient and we will respond to you as soon as we can.
Do you have another complaint?
- Long queues at the security check. Submit your complaint to the airport.
- Luggage check upon your arrival in the Netherlands. Submit your complaint to Customs.
- Complaint about passport check or the conduct of a Marechaussee employee. Submit your complaint on the Complaints about the conduct of Marechaussee personnel page;
- Check-in process, baggage drop-off or ID check at the gate. Submit your complaint to the airline.
Send a letter
You can also send your complaint by post. The Civil Aviation Security Brigade will process your complaint if your letter includes the following information:
- Your name (initials, surname);
- Telephone number and/or email address;
- Date on which you sent the letter;
- Date of the incident;
- Time of the incident;
- Name of the airport;
- Flight number;
- The nature of your complaint (personal search, confiscation of goods, hand luggage check or how you were treated);
- Name and/or description of the security guard's appearance;
- Brief description of the security guard's conduct;
- Please do not forget to sign the letter.
Please send your letter of complaint to:
Civil Aviation Security Brigade (BTBB)
P.O. Box 90200
3509 BE Utrecht