Global Entry gets you through border control faster at some airports in the USA. Dutch nationals can apply for Global Entry through the US Customs and Border Protection's website.
How it works
The US authorities (CBP) are responsible for the overall Global Entry membership process. The background check is carried out by the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee.
Once you have got Global Entry membership you:
- will not need to queue to speak to a Customs and Border Protection officer;
- can use the Global Entry lane with electronic check in.
You will still need a visa or ESTA.
If you have a Green Card, apply for Global Entry directly with the USA - you do not need a background check from the Marechaussee.
How to apply
- Make sure you:
- have activated your Berichtenbox, your digital mailbox on MijnOverheid;
- have authorised Koninklijke Marechaussee to send messages to your account.
- Apply online: you will complete a TTP online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application processing fee.
- Check your Berichtenbox regularly after finalising your Global Entry application.
You will receive a message from the Marechaussee, asking you to confirm your Global Entry application and approve the background check.
- The Marechaussee will then perform the background check. CBP will include the result of the Dutch background check in their evaluation of the application. You will receive a message from CBP with the result of your application.